11.5.07

Looptopia, May 11

At the square just next to Washington/State station I witnessed a free performance which was part of Looptopia. It is a night long celebration with music/dance/drama and art in downtown Chicago's loop area. Well, I'd heard about the festival, but I never remembered that it was today. I knew there was something unusual when I saw the CTA trains overflowing with people, carrying maps that noted places of activity and festivities.

There was this desi band performing "bhangra" alongside "Sweet Home Alabama". People were dancing to the beat even as Chicago's weather slumped down to the 50s(in F) yet again. Might have been mighty fun, but I had to do some last minute shopping before my trip. Got some shoes, replaced the battery for my macbook and came home to rest.

1 comment:

Vikki said...

Dey arunandi how are you da ? Cant catch you online too,where are you and what are you doing right now da machan ?

And most importantly dont forget to bring your XBOX while coming down to phillipines,so what's the plan then da machan,when are we starting like and how come you will join us...will we meet somewhere on the way or you comin in directly to phillipines da ?

Then how are all your sisters in your college machan, athan my figures...do bring their photo along with you when you are coming down,then wanted to talk something personally to you,will mail it to you....anyways do find time to reply back to this comment dude...