10.3.08

Everyday Things - II

Well, I thought of blogging every day when I wrote, Everyday Things - I. But, since then haven'te kept my promise. Thought I would make up for that and write a lot to make up. So, here goes.

In the time since I wrote the previous entry, a lot of things have happened :

a. I've tried a million things (literally) for my project,
Migraine and yet to have a breakthrough.
b.
India completed their mammoth 3 month cricket campaign with a stunning ODI series victory over Oz.
c.
Life's going on.
z. New games that I played of note:
Assassin's Creed, Patapon, Bioshock.
d. I've got an admit to
Masters in Fine Arts in my university which I hope to do after my CS thesis.
e. Have watched tons of documentaries: On
Nazis, Noam Chomsky, Greece, Persia, Iskander(!)
f. Went '
Bowling' (yeah the underarm 9 pin, heavy 3 holed ball sort) for the first time.. and got a Strike on the second attempt. (After that zilch.. zero.. nothing.. )
g. Reading third book by Edward Rutherford "Russka" : Fictional Chronicle of Russia.
h. Today getting caught up with my past, checking out school/college friends' profiles on Orkut.
i. I downloaded
Prince of Persia:Classic Arcade 3D platformer for X360.. enjoyed it until those miserable SoBs in Level 4 started testing my patience.


I've almost stopped renting DVDs from netflix, since I discovered that subscribers get "watch instantly" movies. There are some 25 good ones from 100, but there are good ones nonetheless. Assassin's Creed features "Altair", a fictional(I presume) Hashshashin who leaps with faith like an eagle across 11th century Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus is an amazing character to play and experience. I love the setting, the graphics, the lifelike people mechanics and the story. Waiting for Assassin's Creed 2.

Bioshock- I just played the demo(to be honest, first 10 minutes of the demo). Couldn't play it alone.. (yeah yeah.. I'm afraid of the dark even if it is virtual and I'm willing to admit it). Our hero is greeted with a documentary about "Rapture", a city under the sea where something's wrong now, clearly. 60's billboards and signs greet us as we enter a world of un
fathomable (pun intended) proportions. You have plasmids(bio-stuff) and weapons of course to take care of enemies. Other stuff like hacked bots, fight for you. Andrew Ryan, possibly an anagram of Ayn Rand whose ideas seem to be everywhere in this action/thriller/adventure of sorts. And, incidentally I had seen a documentary of Ayn Rand titled: Ayn Rand, A sense of life 2 weeks ago.

Patapon - I already have a blog entry for this.. right now I'm stuck at the point where "Gong, the Hawkeye" of the Zigoton army splits into 3 and is crushing my pathetic Patapons. I need to upgrade atleast my Yaripons.. who seem to be weak.

Well.. keep checking back, the next Everyday things post may pop up sooner. (I don't have stats on who reads my blogs: I know I read it. My brother does. But, no one else I know of is a regular reader.. many don't bother to comment.. I think.) but, if
you(yeah! You!) are one of them, thanks for reading and keep checking back.


Ciao.

1 comment:

masterchiefmams said...

Just waiting to finish this job in june and then i will have more time for gaming. 'Patapon' sounds very interesting.