19.4.08

The IPL

The IPL is finally here. What a start to the tournament yesterday..! Brilliant Brendon just murdered the home side, B'luru led by our own Wall. They also backed it up with good bowling. Didn't let Dravid and the others get off to a flyer (well.. how many times do you expect a flyer when Dravid and Jaffer are at the crease? hopefully we'll start soon... ).
We've just got to forget all the hullabaloo around the tournament and focus on the cricket, both cricketers and supporters alike. Its going to be amaaaazzing....!! Today was Hussey's day. A brilliant century by him for the Chennai team. Right now the game is very nicely poised in favor of the Super Kings barring any superhuman Yuvi-Stuff ..

I don't know who to support in this tourney, because there are favorite players in every team. I want to support Chennai Super-kings and will do, but I hate the name. IPL should have got the superstars name dude.. c'mon. Look at the ICL Chennai SuperStars AD. It would have got more of my support. But, anyways it is a good chance for me to see players like Badrinath, Vidyut and Anirudha et al .. play. I'm with Chennai even if it is not riddled with more than 2 of my favorite players.

No comments: