23.11.06

My first PC game


My first PC game was Digger by Windmill Software. I don't know if it was too old for 1989, since I believe it was released in the year I was born (1983), the year that India won the cricket world cup. But, I played it in my first PC ( A Siva PC - Produced by Sterling Computers ). It had a 40 MB Seagate harddrive which was as bulky and heavy as a DVD drive housed in a big / heavy external enclosure nowadays, 6 MHz processor speed, a CGA video card and I forgot how much RAM I had. There were other games like Cat, Carmen Sandiego that I enjoyed. But Digger, was the first ever game I played. It was great playing it, and I'd always had fun with it. I think the PC itself cost around 47,000 Rs. (around 1000$) including the Epson LX800 Dot Matrix Printer.

I might not have been good in digger because I think each time I start I haven't got past 6 or 7 levels maybe.. but I will never forget that game, ever...

No comments: