23.11.06

My first Console

My first console was a Nintendo FamiCom (Family Computer). I was too young and curious about a wierd short red guy in my TV screen, hitting his head on some bricks floating in the sky and becoming a bomberguy when he walked over a mushroom to understand how it worked and I really didn't care(How I wish I could be like that now). My father and brother still played with me. I even remember vaguely, the order in which the the 31 games that came with the game cartridge. Super Mario 2, (names I might not remember properly.) Super Mario 1, Circus, Kung-Fu, Galaga, Battleship, Wrestling, Champion (some streetfighting game, that guys in my family went bonkers about), Excitebike, Macross, Zinja , Ice Climber, Pacman(of course!), Pinball, Balloon(awesome game! balloon fighting rocks.. especially when you can burst your brother's balloon.. ), Road Fighter (or whatever its real name is..), Popeye, Baseball, Tennis.. And even now a million games later I can never forget those games.. ever.

3 comments:

masterchiefmams said...

Hi da arun,
Read ur blog on our 'family computer'. Really brought back some great memories.. It was a friday night when amma/appa came back from Delhi. I have never been that anxious in my life!! As soon as we attached the machine onto the TV in ayyammas place, I was just mesmerised by the games.....i did not want to sleep...but eventually had to sleep at 2pm...as VMJ was half a day on saturday!!
Super mario 1 was everybody's fave i think...princess, mushroom, dragons, helmet mandaiyan (thiagus name for armoured mushrooms!!), nasty flying fish, monkeys...it had the lot.
Wrestle...was fun as well. I remember a guy who gives electric shock!! Karateka...very serious, incredibly difficult game. Circus...nice music. Yae ar Kung Fu....game with a sense of humour and interesting characters like 'chain jeyabal' (another name bestowed by thiagu for one of the bosses).
Macross...was good, Galaga...was great for multiplayer, popeye...was fun, i forgot the name of one game where you fight ghosts in a ship which was good as well, excitebike....the best motorbike game i have played till date, tennis and baseball were good, but all in all....i dont think there is any other game in the world that has got family appeal of mario bros. !!

R.RAVI said...

Hi Arun
Now we can remember the first Nintendo cassette which was bought on January 1990 at Palika Bazaar , New Delhi. We purchased that for 3000/- including the 36 games cassette. We have also enjoyed playing Mario, circus,tennis,balloon. Surely that has a place in our life. We still remember the day we arrived from Delhi when you all were waiting for us in the Madurai Railway Junction.

pulsar said...

Yes.. I too remember.. Venki Chittappa and I went to a garland shop below the cut-outs near the kattabomman roundtana and got a garland for you. We then welcome d you with garlands..